Here's Elder McMullin's update for the week:
Hello,
It's good to hear that you've all been doing well! I've had a great week too! Frankfort has been great... And two of our investigators in the Stockyards are getting baptized!!! Both William and Jazmine are planning on entering the waters of baptism, and I don't know if I've been more excited in my life. We'll probably be a little shot on miles, but it's going to be a beautiful strain since I'll be able to go back and at least see Jazmine's. She's going to be baptized on March 9th, and William hadn't set a particular date last I heard. I just hope it's soon enough so I can go to it!
So yeah, there's the super good news. This week here in Frankfort has been great too. After I emailed last Wednesday, we went and played basketball at the Kiwanis Park ish place here in Mokena. The Watseka Elders drove to Bourbonnais, then they all rode in the Bourbonnais car up here to Frankfort. It was really fun, and was a good P-Day. After everyone left, Elder Wiser and I went to dinner at the Ericksons' home. We had made a bet on what it would be, and the outcome was pretty funny. I had said lasagna, and Elder Wiser had said casserole. We get in, and Sister E told us the casserole was almost done, but then as it came out Brother E told us it was really lasagna! Whatever it was, it was pretty good. We left them with the commitment to come up with a list of potential investigators. We have a follow up with them tomorrow, so hopefully we can get some people to teach!
Thursday was great too. We started off going to Sharon's, who's the investigator that wants to be baptized, but has to quit smoking. After that, we looked around for a while, but couldn't find anyone to teach. Then we went and had a lesson with a woman named Erica. She was RIDICULOUSLY well prepared. We had given her a Book of Mormon chapter to read, and she had a lot of questions from scriptures that cross references led to. We had Sister Carlson with us, and she helped us answer the questions, and fellowshipped Erica. They got a long well, so it was good. After that, we taught a lesson to a potential, who's busy, but really friendly. We then stopped by the Cravens, who are a part member family. The dad has always been pretty antisocial towards missionaries, but he was really talkative, and super friendly! It went really really well, and was pretty exciting. After that, we had dinner with a part member family, and had a pretty interesting discussion with a hard core catholic. It went well too though. Oh yeah, they had lighthouse pictures all over the place, and I recognized Cape Hattaras pretty easily!
Friday was good too. Earlier in the week, Sister Roach told us to use every arrow in our quiver, and to find new ways to find people to teach. We decided that playing basketball at the rec center could work. We had fun, but it unfortunately didn't work as a method of proselyting. Bummer. After showering, we went and visited Sharon and then had dinner with the Dupins.
Saturday was good. We tried to find people via stop bys and tracting for a while to no avail. At 2:00 pm, it was time for Elders Quorum basketball. We had 3 nonmembers there, so that was pretty good. They were friendly, but didn't come to church on Sunday. I also got some nickel size blisters on my big toes, so I'll have to stop playing basketball for a while. After that, we did more stop bys and taught a few lessons.
Sunday was great. We had a Linger Longer at church! Linger Longers are awesome... They're pretty much just random pot lucks right after church. There was a LOT of good food! And we had some investigators come, including the Cravens... Who apparently hadn't come two weeks in a row before. After church we did a lot of stop bys, then visited some members before going home.
Monday was good. We had district meeting, then played a game of arena football in the gym. My team just barely lost, which was too bad. After the quick game of football, we went out to eat, then left for our areas. We had a dinner appointment with some Steelers fanatics, so that was pretty fun. They wanted us to teach the full second lesson, so we did... And they pretended to be super obnoxious! It was pretty funny.
Tuesday was good too. We did more stopping by, and more tracting. We found out one guy we were going to teach had died recently. Then we were knocking around the neighborhood, and some guy came out of his house before we got there... And proceeded to yell at us at the top of his lungs! I don't know how he saw us or anything else, but it was pretty crazy! Then it started to snow, so we got out of there... And eventually wound up eating dinner at a members house, then going to another members house to have a lesson with an investigator. It was a pretty busy day.
Today is Wednesday, and we cant go to Bourbonnais, because we'd be shot on miles. We'll probably just go teach a lesson in P-Day clothes, and hang out. Oh yeah, we're going to go to the thrift store and get hair cuts too. Nothing too exciting, but I guess it has to be done. Then we've got a couple of appointments this evening, so that will be good.
Anyways, I've been doing well out here, and am excited for the work! I'm curious, why was I never taught David O McKay's Golden Questions?????? I just barely read about them, and they have got to be the best member missionary tools ever! No one would ever be offended if you asked them, "How much do you know about my church? Would you like to learn more?" then if they say yes invite them and the missionaries over. It's so simple, and has so much potential. I just read that in some random church book the Swensons had, and we're going to commit members to ask people that at our follow up appointments. It's going to be sweet. You should do that too.
Anyways, I'm happy to be out here, and am grateful for all that you do for me. I've written you a letter G&G, and it should be mailed tomorrow! I could use more stamps by the way mom. I'll be buying more tomorrow. I did buy an electric razor at Target by the way. It works alright... I'm not as satisfied as I was expecting, but they say it takes 14-21 days for your "beard" to get used to it.
Well, you have a good week!
Love,
Elder Bradley E McMullin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment