Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mission Update -- 6/17/09

Here's the update. It was fun getting a few pictures this week!


Hello,
Thanks for the letters, emails, and prayers! I hope all's going well. I'm doing well out here in Frankfort! I don't have my old planner, so I can't remember exactly what we did last week. I know that our P-Day was really short though, because the only time we could meet with the Cravens was at 4 PM on Wednesday. We were happy to do that though, and helped them create a Baptismal Calendar - A calendar with daily reading assignments for them to read and pray about as a family. After that, we went over to the Fredins for ribs. They were great! We discussed how to teach the word of wisdom to Bob, then went out to an appointment with President Fredin. The appointment kind of fell through, so we ended up stopping by a few families' homes.
Thursday was good. Why? I can't remember. We probably visited Jim Blaney, the Portwoods, and some other people. Oh yeah, the Browns too! Megan Brown was there, and it went really really well.
Friday was probably good too. I know we had a great lesson with Bob Cancialosi. He knows the Book of Mormon is true, and is excited for his baptism. The best part is that his only word of wisdom issue is decaf green tea. He's progressing very well, and we're excited for him. We also had a meeting with JoAnne at Sister Carlsons home to help her find some names to take to the temple for baptisms. Her membership number hadn't come in yet, so it was a pretty unsuccessful lesson. We later visited Sharon, and had a good lesson there. She's not doing well at all... Her drug addict son keeps breaking into her home. Say a prayer for her please! I can't remember what else happened Friday... Probably a dinner, and a lesson or two.
Saturday was pretty slow actually. We were pretty unsuccessful at finding anybody for the whole day, then eventually went over to Lisa Young's home for dinner and a lesson. Brett fell through a mirror when getting out of bed, and had to get a ton of stitches. He got pretty hurt, but is getting his stitches out pretty soon.
Sunday was great. We only had 5 investigators at church. Bummer. We'd got up to 7, and were hoping for that many yesterday. The standard is 1, I believe, so it's pretty nice to be disappointed when surpassing that by 400%. The Branch is going crazy about missionary work now. It's awesome! One member, Brother Giese, has had a deal up for at least 6 years - he'll take any missionaries that can get 2 baptisms out for steaks. We're going to be the first! We're grateful the Lord has blessed us and the Branch! After church, Brother Giese fed us, and then took us to teach a couple of people. We had some good discussions with Dan Spencer, and Sister DeLaney. That was pretty much it for the day.
Monday was pretty good. We started off the day with a lesson at the Cancialosi's home. Brother Erickson came with us, and was great. Bob is progressing very well! After that lesson, we planned, and got a lot of stuff set up for the week. We had dinner that evening at the Johnson's home. We had hamburgers, and some mushrooms that made me really ill. I felt bad for the rest of the day.
I woke up feeling not so good still. We had President's interviews in the morning. They went well. President and Sister Roach brought us a pie too! The first transfer I was in Frankfort, the said they'd bring a pie if every area in the district had a baptism... It took 3 transfers, but we got our pie! After that, we came back for a lesson with the less active Austin Kramer. It went pretty well. After that, we hurried over to the Cravens. We had a good lesson over there, and started to set up the program for their baptism. We'll finalize that Friday, and then get their baptismal clothes ready for the 27th! After that, we came home and cooked that pizza you sent me in the mail. The bag said it had 2 crusts in there, but it only had one... Until we picked it up to see if they were just smashed together, and it ripped in half to make 2 semi circle pizza crusts! It was funny, but tasted good. Send me more of those please! After that, we went over to the Hunsakers to go out with President Hunsaker. We visited the Portwoods, and had a good chat with them about where they want to be spiritually, and how to get there. She'll get baptized when her husband is ready to perform the ordinance. They're doing very well now. After that, we unsuccessfully tried to visit another guy, then came home.
Today should be good. We're going to play frisbee golf with the district. We'll probably do best disc teams, because that's all Elder Hunt and I do on P-Day. After golf, we're going to go to the part member Cammaratas for dinner, then to Lisa Young's for a lesson with her, Brett, and Sharon.
Well, there's the week! I hope you have a great week, and have fun getting ready for San Diego! For a while I was thinking I'd be pretty sad when you're all at the beach, and I'm out here... But I'm happy to be in Frankfort! This place is the best. I love you all though, and am excited to be in Sandy Ogie [our family "nickname" for San Diego -- that's how Tay said it when she was a little kid] with you in a couple years!
Love,
Elder Bradley Edward McMullin

No comments: